Office 365 – Do I have to purchase an Office 365 plan in the first instance? No
- When you sign-up for Project Online you also receive an Office 365 SharePoint Online Plan 2
- You can also add Project Online to an E-Plan (Enterprise) if your organisation has already deployed Office 365
Project Online – Full web based PPM capabilities
- If you have used Project Server 2010 or 2013, Project Online is the equivalent of Project Web App (PWA)
- If you have already have a copy of Project Professional 2013 installed, the Project Online license allows you to save your project schedules to Project Online and use all the web capabilities.
- Project Online is NOT a web-based version of Project Professional 2013
Project Lite – a reduced set of web based capabilities, ideal for team members, and again the equivalent of using Project Web App.
Project Pro for Office365 – Microsoft Project Professional 2013 streamed (installed) to your desktop with a subscription to Office 365. No Project Online capabilities, the equivalent of Project Web App.